Nestled along the vibrant coast of the English Channel lies Brighton, a quintessential seaside town that has long captured the hearts of travellers. Known for its iconic Brighton Pier, rich cultural heritage, and bustling arts scene, this picturesque destination perfectly blends traditional British seaside charm and modern urban vibrancy. Whether it’s strolling along the pebbled beaches, exploring the historic lanes, or soaking in the eclectic nightlife, Brighton is a town that promises an unforgettable experience to every visitor.
|DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole
|The DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole stands as an elegant blend of Victorian architecture and contemporary comfort. Located on Brighton's famous seafront, this historic hotel offers stunning sea views, modern amenities, an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a range of dining options. Ideal for both leisure and business travelers, it provides a perfect base to explore Brighton's attractions.
|Leonardo Hotel Brighton - Formerly Jurys Inn
|The Leonardo Hotel Brighton, formerly Jurys Inn, offers a modern and stylish stay in the heart of Brighton Marina. Known for its contemporary design and tranquil setting, this hotel features comfortable rooms, an on-site bar and restaurant, and easy access to local leisure and entertainment options. It's an ideal choice for travelers seeking a blend of comfort and convenience in a vibrant marina setting.
|The Old Ship Hotel
|The Old Ship Hotel, a historic gem in Brighton, boasts a prime seafront location near the Brighton Pier. This charming hotel combines traditional architecture with modern facilities, offering guests a unique experience with its elegant rooms, on-site dining, and impressive event spaces. It's an ideal choice for those seeking a blend of historical allure and contemporary comfort.
|Malmaison Brighton, set in the trendy Brighton Marina, offers a chic and contemporary lodging experience. This stylish hotel stands out for its modern design, luxurious amenities, including a spa and a sophisticated restaurant and bar. It's perfect for guests seeking a blend of upscale comfort and a vibrant marina atmosphere.
|Queens Hotel Brighton, located on the vibrant seafront near Brighton Pier, offers a perfect mix of comfort and convenience. This hotel is renowned for its spacious rooms, leisure facilities including a pool and spa, and its close proximity to major attractions. Ideal for families and leisure travelers, it provides a welcoming and value-packed stay in the heart of Brighton.
|Harbour Hotel Brighton
|Harbour Hotel Brighton, situated on the iconic seafront, is a luxury hotel known for its exquisite spa, indoor swimming pool, and sea-facing dining. This upscale hotel combines elegance with modern amenities, offering guests a refined experience in a prime location near Brighton's major attractions.
|Selina Brighton is a trendy and modern hotel ideal for solo and business travelers. Located in central Brighton, it offers a range of chic accommodation options, high-speed Wi-Fi, and a stylish bar, making it a top choice for those seeking a stylish, well-connected, and affordable stay in the city.
|Kings Hotel in Brighton is a family-friendly option located on the seafront near the British Airways i360. Known for its spacious family rooms and child-friendly services, it provides a comfortable and convenient stay, complete with an on-site restaurant and bar, perfect for families seeking a pleasant seaside experience.
|Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
|The Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront, formerly known as Jurys Inn, is a seafront hotel offering luxurious amenities, including a health club, swimming pool, and spa. Boasting stunning sea views and an on-site restaurant and bar, it provides a perfect blend of comfort and elegance in a prime waterfront location.
|The Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
|The Best Western Princes Marine Hotel, located near Hove Lagoon, offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities, complemented by an on-site restaurant and bar. Known for its affordability and friendly service, this hotel provides a peaceful stay with easy access to Brighton's attractions, making it ideal for both leisure and business travelers
Affordable accommodation is paramount in a town teeming with attractions, from the Royal Pavilion’s exotic architecture to the colourful beachfront huts. Brighton, accommodating a diverse range of travellers, understands the importance of budget-friendly options. Affordable hotels not only make travel more accessible but also ensure that visitors can enjoy the splendours of Brighton without the stress of overspending on lodging.
Recognizing this need, we’ve scoured the town to bring you a curated list of Brighton’s top 10 cheap hotels. These hotels offer competitive prices and ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. From cosy seafront hotels that offer stunning views of the English Channel to centrally located lodgings that put you at the heart of the city, our list includes options catering to various preferences and needs. Whether you are a solo traveller seeking a brief stay, a family looking for a value-packed vacation, or a couple on a romantic getaway, these hotels promise affordability without compromising quality and comfort.
Join us as we explore these hidden gems, each offering a unique way to experience Brighton’s charm while staying within your budget. Welcome to a journey of discovering Brighton’s best affordable accommodations!
The TOP 10 Cheap Hotels in Brighton
1. DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole – Cheap Hotel in Brighton: A Seaside Haven
Location and Ambiance
The DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole exudes Victorian elegance and contemporary comfort, nestled in the heart of Brighton’s beachfront. This historic Hotel, boasting a striking façade, is ideally situated on the city’s famous seafront, only a short walk from the bustling city centre and iconic landmarks like the Brighton Pier and the British Airways i360 viewing tower. The Hotel’s location offers guests the unique experience of enjoying serene sea views while conveniently close to the city’s vibrant nightlife, eclectic shopping areas, and renowned cultural hotspots.
Key Features and Amenities
- Accommodations: The Hotel features various rooms and suites, many offering breathtaking sea views. Each room has modern amenities like flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi access, and comfortable furnishings.
- Dining: Guests can enjoy a range of dining options, including a contemporary restaurant serving local and international cuisine and a bar that offers a relaxing space to unwind with drinks.
- Facilities: The Metropole also boasts impressive facilities, including an indoor pool, a fully-equipped fitness centre, and a spa offering a variety of treatments.
- Event Spaces: For those looking to host events, the Hotel provides extensive meeting and banquet spaces, making it an ideal venue for conferences, weddings, and other special occasions.
Price Range and Availability
The DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole prices vary depending on the season, room type, and booking time frame. Generally, rates are competitive, especially considering the prime location and the range of amenities offered. It is advisable to book in advance, especially during peak seasons like summer and during major events in Brighton, to secure the best rates and room availability.
Also Read: TOP 10 Hotels with Pools in Brighton
Customer Reviews and Ratings
- Positive Feedback: Guests often praise the Hotel’s prime location, the quality of the rooms, especially those with sea views, and the professional and friendly staff. The quality of the Hotel’s restaurant’s food and the convenience of the amenities are also frequently highlighted.
- Constructive Criticism: Some reviews suggest that some hotel regions could benefit from updates or renovations, reflecting their historic nature. Additionally, occasional comments about higher pricing for a budget hotel are noted.
- Overall Ratings: The Hotel generally receives high ratings for its location, cleanliness, and service, with many guests recommending it for leisure and business stays in Brighton.
In conclusion, the DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole stands out as a notable option for travellers seeking a balance of historical charm, modern comfort, and a superb seafront location in Brighton.
2. Leonardo Hotel Brighton – Formerly Jurys Inn – Affordable Comfort: Cheap Hotel in Brighton
Description of Hotel’s Atmosphere and Design
The Leonardo Hotel Brighton, previously known as Jurys Inn, presents a fresh, contemporary feel, perfect for travellers seeking modern comfort in a vibrant city setting. The Hotel’s design seamlessly blends stylish and functional elements, creating an inviting and sophisticated ambience. Guests entering the sleek, well-lit lobby are greeted with modern elegance. The interior decor, characterized by its clean lines and a palette of warm, neutral colours, offers a tranquil escape from the bustling streets of Brighton.
Room Types and Facilities
- Room Varieties: The Hotel offers a range of room types to suit different needs, including standard rooms, executive rooms, and accessible rooms. Each room is designed to provide a comfortable and convenient stay.
- In-Room Amenities: All rooms have essential amenities like free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, air conditioning, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The executive rooms offer additional luxuries like extra space, a mini-fridge, and enhanced toiletries.
- Facilities: Guests have access to various facilities, including a stylish on-site bar and restaurant serving local and international dishes, a coffee bar for casual meetings or relaxation, and several meeting rooms for business purposes.
Pricing and Booking Options
The Leonardo Hotel Brighton offers competitive pricing, with rates varying based on the room type, time of booking, and season. The Hotel provides various booking options, including direct booking through its website, which often features special deals and packages. Early booking is recommended to secure the best rates, especially during peak tourist seasons or special events in Brighton.
Guest Experiences and Feedback
- Positive Aspects: Many guests commend the Leonardo Hotel Brighton for its excellent location, within walking distance of key attractions like Brighton Beach and the Brighton Centre. The cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly, efficient service from the hotel staff are also frequently praised.
- Areas for Improvement: Some guests have mentioned that the rooms, particularly the standard ones, can feel a bit compact, and the views from certain rooms are not always scenic.
- Overall Impressions: Generally, the Hotel receives favourable ratings for its value for money, with guests appreciating the modern amenities and the convenience of its location.
In summary, the Leonardo Hotel Brighton stands as a popular choice for visitors seeking a modern, comfortable stay in the heart of Brighton, complemented by attentive service and excellent facilities.
3. The Old Ship Hotel – Budget-Friendly Stays: Cheap Hotel in Brighton in the UK
Location Highlights and Scenic Views
The Old Ship Hotel holds a prestigious position in Brighton’s landscape, boasting a rich history as one of the oldest hotels in the city. Situated on the lively seafront, this Hotel offers stunning views of Brighton Beach and the English Channel. Its prime location on King’s Road makes it an ideal base for exploring Brighton’s famous attractions, including the Brighton Pier, the Royal Pavilion, and the Lanes. The Hotel’s exterior and interior reflect a charming blend of traditional architecture with modern touches, providing guests with a unique historical ambience complemented by scenic sea vistas.
Services and Special Offerings
- Dining and Bars: The Hotel features an elegant on-site restaurant and bar, offering a range of gourmet dishes and drinks focusing on local produce. The dining area provides splendid sea views, enhancing the culinary experience.
- Event Spaces: Renowned for its impressive banquet and conference facilities, The Old Ship Hotel is a favoured choice for weddings, business conferences, and special events, offering bespoke services to cater to various occasions.
- Additional Services: Guests can enjoy 24-hour room service, complimentary Wi-Fi access, and a knowledgeable concierge service to assist with local recommendations and bookings.
Cost and Seasonal Deals
The Old Ship Hotel’s room rates are competitive and vary depending on the season, room type, and booking duration. The Hotel frequently offers seasonal deals and packages, including romantic getaways, family packages, and business travel deals. Booking is recommended for the best rates, particularly during the busy summer and holiday seasons.
Visitor Testimonials and Scores
- Positive Feedback: Many visitors are enchanted by the Hotel’s historic charm and its prime location. The quality of the dining experience and the professional and friendly staff are often highlighted in positive reviews.
- Constructive Criticism: Some guests have noted that some regions of the Hotel might benefit from refurbishment, as the historical nature of the building means it shows signs of wear in some places.
- Overall Ratings: The Hotel generally receives good ratings, particularly for its location, unique historical character, and the quality of its event-hosting facilities. Guests often recommend The Old Ship Hotel for its blend of traditional charm, modern amenities, and unrivalled seafront location.
In summary, The Old Ship Hotel is celebrated for its historical significance in Brighton and for providing guests with a memorable stay that combines traditional elegance, modern conveniences, and breathtaking views, all in the heart of Brighton’s vibrant seafront.
4. Malmaison Brighton – Oceanfront Deals: Cheap Hotel in Brighton Seafront
Historical and Cultural Significance
Malmaison Brighton stands out with its unique identity and modern flair, contrasting with Brighton’s more traditional and historic accommodations. The Hotel is located in the recently developed and trendy Brighton Marina area and offers a contemporary and stylish retreat. While Malmaison may not have the deep historical roots of some other Brighton establishments, it makes its mark through its modern architecture and design, reflecting the evolving cultural landscape of Brighton. The Hotel’s location in the marina places guests in a dynamic area known for its leisure and entertainment options, including cinemas, boutiques, and waterfront dining.
Accommodation and Dining Options
- Rooms and Suites: Malmaison Brighton offers a variety of accommodation options, including standard rooms, Club rooms, and luxurious suites. The rooms are known for their chic décor, comfort, and modern amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and en-suite facilities with deluxe toiletries.
- Dining: The Hotel’s on-site restaurant and bar are destinations in their own right, serving a range of contemporary dishes and creative cocktails. The restaurant prides itself on its stylish ambience and offers both indoor and al fresco dining experiences with views of the marina.
Pricing and Special Packages
The pricing at Malmaison Brighton is reflective of its premium offerings and location. Rates vary depending on the time of year, room type, and how far in advance the booking is made. The Hotel is known for providing a range of special packages and deals, including romantic getaways, seasonal promotions, and dining-inclusive options, adding value to the guest experience.
Guest Reviews and Overall Rating
- Positive Aspects: Many guests express high satisfaction with the modern and stylish design of the Hotel, the quality of the rooms, and the picturesque marina setting. The quality of the food at the on-site restaurant and the professionalism of the staff are also commonly praised.
- Areas for Improvement: Some reviews mention that the Hotel’s location, while scenic and tranquil, is a bit removed from the central Brighton attractions, which might be a consideration for those wanting to be in the heart of the city.
- Overall Impressions: Malmaison Brighton generally receives high ratings for its contemporary style, cleanliness, and unique marina location. It is particularly favoured by guests looking for a modern, upscale experience in Brighton.
In conclusion, Malmaison Brighton offers a distinctly modern and stylish accommodation option in Brighton, appealing to those who appreciate contemporary design and a lively marina setting. Its chic accommodations, fine dining, and scenic location make it a top choice for visitors seeking a sophisticated and memorable stay in Brighton.
5. Queens Hotel – Short Stay Savings: Cheap Hotel in Brighton for One Night
Advantages for Short-Term Travelers
Queens Hotel in Brighton is an ideal choice for short-term travellers due to several key factors. Firstly, its prime location on the seafront, close to the Brighton Pier and the city centre, makes it highly convenient for guests who wish to explore the city’s major attractions in a limited time. The Hotel also offers easy access to public transportation, a significant advantage for travellers looking to maximize their short stay. Additionally, the Hotel’s range of amenities, including an on-site leisure club with a pool, spa, and gym, allows guests to relax and rejuvenate even during a brief visit.
Room Varieties and Comfort Level
- Room Types: The Queens Hotel offers a variety of room types, including standard double rooms, sea-view rooms, and family rooms. Each room is designed to provide comfort and convenience to guests, with a simple yet elegant décor.
- Comfort and Amenities: Rooms have free Wi-Fi, television, tea and coffee-making facilities, and comfortable bedding. The sea view rooms are trendy for their stunning views of the Brighton coastline.
Nightly Rates and Last-Minute Deals
The nightly rates at Queens Hotel are competitive, offering good value for its prime location and facilities. Prices vary depending on the season, room type, and how far in advance the booking is made. The Hotel is known for offering last-minute deals, which are particularly attractive to short-term travellers looking for quality accommodation at a reasonable price. These deals are often found on the Hotel’s website or through various booking platforms.
Customer Impressions and Recommendations
- Positive Feedback: Many guests appreciate the Queens Hotel’s excellent location and easy access to Brighton’s key attractions. The views from the seafront rooms are often highlighted as a highlight of the stay. The quality of the leisure facilities, including the pool and spa, also receives positive remarks.
- Constructive Criticism: Some guests have suggested that some regions of the Hotel could benefit from updating or refurbishment, although this is often viewed as a minor issue compared to the Hotel’s advantages.
- Overall Recommendations: Guests frequently recommend the Hotel for short stays in Brighton due to its convenient location, good value for money, and the pleasant experience it offers. It is trendy among families and leisure travellers.
The Queens Hotel is a well-regarded option for short-term travellers to Brighton, offering a blend of convenience, comfort, and value. Its prime location, with a range of room options and leisure facilities, makes it recommended for those seeking a memorable and enjoyable stay in this vibrant seaside city.
6. Harbour Hotel Brighton – City Centre Bargains: Cheap Hotel in Brighton City Centre
Proximity to Local Attractions and Transport
The Harbour Hotel Brighton enjoys a prestigious location on the iconic seafront, mere steps away from the famous Brighton Pier. This prime positioning means guests are within easy walking distance of Brighton’s most beloved attractions, including Brighton Beach, the Royal Pavilion, and the vibrant lanes known for their unique shops and eateries. The proximity to primary transport links, including the Brighton Railway Station, makes it exceptionally convenient for guests travelling locally and from afar, providing easy access to the broader region.
Also Read: The 10 Best SPA Hotels in Brighton
Facilities and Guest Services
- Wellness and Leisure: The Hotel boasts impressive leisure facilities, including a luxury spa complete with a range of treatments, a sauna, and a steam room, providing guests with an ideal opportunity to relax and rejuvenate.
- Dining Experience: The on-site restaurant and bar offer exceptional dining experiences, featuring locally sourced ingredients and a menu that combines traditional favourites with contemporary flavours.
- Guest Services: Additional services include 24-hour room service, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel, and attentive concierge service, ensuring a comfortable and hassle-free stay for all guests.
Pricing and Value for Money
Pricing at the Harbour Hotel Brighton reflects its premium offerings and stellar location. The rates vary based on room types, booking periods, and seasonal demands. Despite being positioned as a more upscale option, the Hotel is known for offering good value for money, particularly considering its luxury amenities and prime seafront location. Guests can often find special deals and packages, especially if booking directly through the Hotel or during off-peak seasons.
Traveller Reviews and Ratings
- Positive Aspects: Guests frequently praise the Hotel for its exceptional location, modern and well-appointed rooms, and the quality of the spa and dining facilities. The level of service provided by the staff is also an everyday highlight in positive reviews.
- Areas for Improvement: Some guests note that room rates can be higher, particularly during peak seasons. Additionally, parking can sometimes be a challenge due to the central location.
- Overall Ratings: The Harbour Hotel Brighton generally receives high ratings for its luxury amenities, cleanliness, and service quality. It is often recommended by travellers seeking a more upscale experience in Brighton, particularly emphasizing the spa and dining facilities.
The Harbour Hotel Brighton is a premium accommodation choice, offering luxury facilities and exceptional service in one of Brighton’s most sought-after locations. Its high-end amenities, proximity to local attractions, and excellent dining options make it a favourite among travellers looking for a refined and memorable stay in this vibrant seaside city.
7. Selina Brighton – Solo Traveler Specials: Cheap Hotel Room Brighton
Ideal for Solo or Business Travelers
Selina Brighton is a top choice for solo and business travellers thanks to its unique style, convenience, and functionality blend. With its chic, minimalist design, this modern Hotel caters to the needs of the contemporary traveller, offering a relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere. Its location in the heart of Brighton ensures that guests are never far from the city’s business centres, co-working spaces, and leisure attractions, making it perfect for those travelling for work or exploring the city independently.
Room Amenities and Internet Connectivity
- Room Types: Selina Brighton offers a range of room options, from shared accommodations to private rooms and suites, all designed with a sleek, modern aesthetic. This variety caters to different preferences and budgets, making it particularly appealing to solo travellers.
- Amenities and Connectivity: Each room has essential amenities tailored for comfort and convenience. This includes high-speed Wi-Fi, crucial for business travellers and those looking to stay connected. Additional amenities often include comfortable beds, workspace areas in private rooms, and modern, clean bathroom facilities.
Cost-Effectiveness and Booking Ease
Selina Brighton is known for its cost-effective accommodation options, providing excellent value for its amenities and experiences. The pricing is competitive, particularly for the quality of the accommodations and the central location. The Hotel provides easy booking options through its website and various travel platforms, often offering special deals and flexible cancellation policies. This is a significant plus for solo and business travellers with changing itineraries.
Solo Traveler Reviews and Experiences
- Positive Feedback: Solo travellers frequently commend Selina Brighton for its welcoming atmosphere, ideal for meeting other travellers or enjoying a peaceful stay. The cleanliness and modernity of the rooms, along with the reliable internet connectivity, are often highlighted in positive reviews.
- Areas for Improvement: Some solo travellers note that while the shared accommodation options are cost-effective, they may lack some privacy, which is expected in such settings.
- Overall Impressions: The Hotel generally receives high ratings from solo and business travellers for its convenient location, modern amenities, and overall quality of stay. It is often recommended as a top choice for those seeking a stylish, affordable, and well-connected base in Brighton.
In conclusion, Selina Brighton is a favoured option for solo and business travellers, offering a modern, stylish, and comfortable environment with excellent amenities and a prime location. Its blend of affordability, convenience, and contemporary design makes it a highly recommended choice for those travelling alone or working in Brighton.
8. Kings Hotel – Family-Friendly Finds: Cheap Family Hotel in Brighton
Family Amenities and Child-Friendly Services
Kings Hotel in Brighton is a fantastic choice for families, offering various child-friendly amenities and services that cater to the needs of both parents and children. The Hotel’s welcoming atmosphere makes families feel right at home. Child-friendly services include offering cots and high chairs, a dedicated children’s menu in the restaurant, and helpful staff who can assist in organizing family outings and activities in Brighton. The Hotel’s proximity to major family attractions, like the Brighton Pier and Sea Life Centre, adds to its appeal for family stays.
Room Types Suitable for Families
- Spacious Rooms: Kings Hotel provides a range of room types ideal for families, including larger rooms and suites. These rooms are designed to offer additional space, ensuring comfort for both adults and children.
- Amenities for Comfort: Family rooms have essential amenities like free Wi-Fi, television, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The Hotel takes extra care to ensure that family rooms are in quieter parts of the Hotel, providing a peaceful environment for children to rest.
Family Package Deals and Prices
Kings Hotel is known for its affordability and competitive pricing, which is especially attractive to families. The Hotel regularly features family package deals, including discounted room rates, special meal offers for children, and sometimes complimentary tickets to local attractions. These packages are designed to provide families with an enjoyable stay at a reasonable cost, ensuring a budget-friendly holiday experience.
Family Guest Reviews and Satisfaction
- Positive Aspects: Families often praise Kings Hotel for its excellent location, which allows easy access to the beach and local attractions. The family-friendly nature of the Hotel, from the spacious rooms to the accommodating staff, is regularly highlighted in positive reviews.
- Areas for Improvement: Some reviews suggest that while the Hotel is comfortable and convenient, certain areas might benefit from updates or renovations to enhance the overall experience.
- Overall Impressions: The Hotel generally receives good feedback from families, particularly for its value for money, convenient location, and the effort made to accommodate younger guests. Many families recommend Kings Hotel as an excellent option for those travelling with children looking for a comfortable and affordable stay in Brighton.
Kings Hotel is an excellent choice for Brighton families, offering child-friendly amenities, comfortable family accommodations, and value-packed deals. Its commitment to ensuring a pleasant family experience makes it a highly recommended option for parents seeking a stress-free and enjoyable stay in this vibrant seaside city.
9. Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront – Formerly Jurys Inn – Convenience and Savings: Cheap Hotel in Brighton with Free Parking
Benefits of Free Parking
One of the standout features of the Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront, formerly Jurys Inn, is free parking for guests. This is a significant advantage in Brighton, a city where parking can be challenging and expensive, especially near the seafront. Accessible parking adds to the convenience of guests travelling by car and substantially saves costs. It allows guests to explore the city and surrounding areas without worrying about the additional expense and hassle of securing parking.
Room Comfort and Hotel Amenities
- Room Comfort: The Leonardo Royal Hotel offers a range of room types, all designed with guest comfort in mind. Rooms are spacious, modern, and equipped with comfortable bedding, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Many rooms also boast impressive seafront views, adding to the overall experience.
- Hotel Amenities: The Hotel features a range of facilities, including a restaurant and bar with sea views, a health club with a gym and indoor swimming pool, and a spa offering a variety of treatments. These amenities cater to leisure and business travellers, ensuring a pleasant and relaxing stay.
Pricing and Parking Details
Pricing at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront is competitive, reflecting its amenities and prime location. Room rates vary based on the time of year, room type, and booking duration. The inclusion of free parking adds significant value to the Hotel’s offerings, especially in a city like Brighton. Guests should check the Hotel’s website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date pricing and parking availability information.
Customer Feedback and Convenience Ratings
- Positive Feedback: Guests often commend the Hotel for its excellent location, right on the Brighton seafront, and the convenience of having free parking. The comfort of the rooms, the quality of the facilities, and the friendly staff are frequently mentioned in positive reviews.
- Areas for Improvement: Some guests have noted that during peak times, the Hotel can be pretty busy, which might affect the level of service or availability of specific amenities.
- Overall Ratings: The Hotel generally receives high ratings for its location, comfort, and the added convenience of free parking. It is often recommended by guests who value these aspects during their stay in Brighton.
In summary, the Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront offers a comfortable and convenient stay in one of Brighton’s prime locations, with the significant added advantage of free parking. Its modern amenities, comfortable accommodations, and excellent location make it a popular choice for many Brighton travellers.
10. Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
Room Comfort and Hotel Amenities
The Best Western Princes Marine Hotel provides guests with a comfortable and convenient stay characterized by its commitment to quality and service. The rooms at the Hotel are designed to offer a homely and relaxing environment.
- Room Comfort: Each room is equipped with essential amenities that cater to the needs of modern travellers, including comfortable beds, en-suite bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs. Many rooms also offer scenic views of the sea, enhancing the overall guest experience.
- Hotel Amenities: The Hotel features an array of facilities, such as an on-site restaurant serving various dishes, a bar for relaxing evenings, and meeting rooms for business travellers. Additional amenities include 24-hour reception and room service, ensuring that guests’ needs are promptly met.
Pricing and Parking Details
- Pricing: The Best Western Princes Marine Hotel is known for offering competitive pricing that provides good value for money. Room rates vary depending on the season, room type, and how far in advance the booking is made.
- Parking: The hotel offers parking facilities, a significant convenience for guests travelling by car, especially in a city where parking can be challenging. Guests should check the latest details regarding parking availability and any associated costs either on the Hotel’s website or by contacting the Hotel directly.
Customer Feedback and Convenience Ratings
- Positive Feedback: Many guests appreciate the comfortable rooms and the quality of the amenities provided at the Hotel. The friendly and helpful nature of the staff often receives high praise. The location, offering easy access to Brighton’s attractions while being away from the hustle and bustle, is also appreciated.
- Areas for Improvement: Some guests have suggested that some hotel regions could benefit from modernization or refurbishment.
- Overall Ratings: The Hotel generally receives positive ratings, particularly for its value for money, room comfort, and convenient location. Guests often recommend it for a comfortable, budget-friendly stay in Brighton.
The Best Western Princes Marine Hotel is a comfortable and affordable option for Brighton travellers. With its range of amenities, competitive pricing, and the added convenience of parking facilities, it offers a pleasant stay for leisure and business travellers seeking a relaxing experience in this vibrant seaside city.
Comparative Table: Top 10 Cheap Hotels in Brighton
|Price Range (per Night)
|DoubleTree by Hilton Brighton Metropole
|Seafront, near Brighton Centre
|£80 – £200
|Indoor pool, fitness centre, restaurant, bar
|Leonardo Hotel Brighton
|Near Brighton Marina
|£70 – £180
|On-site bar and restaurant, coffee bar
|The Old Ship Hotel
|Seafront, near Brighton Pier
|£90 – £220
|Restaurant and bar, banquet facilities
|£100 – £250
|Luxury spa, restaurant and bar, gym
|Seafront, near Brighton Pier
|£80 – £200
|Leisure club, pool, spa, gym
|Harbour Hotel Brighton
|Seafront, near Brighton Pier
|£110 – £300
|Spa, indoor swimming pool, restaurant, bar
|£50 – £150
|High-speed Wi-Fi, stylish bar
|Seafront, near British Airways i360
|£75 – £180
|Family suites, on-site restaurant, bar
|Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
|Seafront, near Brighton Pier
|£90 – £220
|Health club, swimming pool, spa, restaurant, bar
|Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
|Hove, near Hove Lagoon
|£70 – £160
|Restaurant, bar, meeting rooms, parking
Please note that the approximate price ranges can vary based on the season, specific dates, and booking conditions. Guest ratings are also subject to change and should be checked on a reliable travel or review website for the most current information. This table provides a quick overview to help compare and select a hotel that best fits the needs and preferences of travellers looking for affordable accommodation in Brighton.
Tips for getting the best hotel deals in Brighton
- Book in Advance: Typically, the earlier you book, the better the rates you can secure, especially during peak tourist seasons like summer and major festivals.
- Be Flexible with Your Dates: If possible, be flexible with your travel dates. Prices can vary significantly depending on the time of year, day of the week, and local events. Staying mid-week rather than on weekends or outside peak seasons can often result in lower rates.
- Use Price Comparison Websites: Utilize online travel agencies and price comparison websites to compare deals across various hotels. Websites like Booking.com, Expedia, and Trivago can help you find the best rates.
- Sign Up for Alerts and Newsletters: Many hotels and booking platforms offer special deals and promotions to their subscribers. Sign up for newsletters and price alerts for your preferred hotels or booking sites.
- Check for Package Deals: Look for package deals that might include extras like breakfast, parking, spa access, or discounts at local attractions. These packages can offer significant savings over booking everything separately.
- Join Loyalty Programs: If you frequently visit Brighton or use a particular hotel chain, consider joining their loyalty program. Members often get access to exclusive deals, priority booking, and additional amenities.
- Contact the Hotel Directly: After finding a reasonable rate online, call the Hotel directly to book. Sometimes, hotels can offer a better rate or a room upgrade when you book directly with them.
- Consider Alternative Accommodations: Besides hotels, consider other accommodations like bed and breakfasts, guesthouses, or serviced apartments, which can sometimes offer more competitive rates.
- Check Last-Minute Booking Apps: If you’re flexible, last-minute booking apps can offer great deals. Hotels often reduce prices on unsold rooms close to the date of stay.
- Read Reviews and Ratings: Before booking, read reviews and check ratings to ensure the Hotel offers good value for money. Sometimes, a slightly more expensive hotel may offer a significantly better experience.
Remember, while finding a good deal is essential, ensuring that the Hotel meets your needs in terms of location, amenities, and overall quality will make your stay in Brighton enjoyable and comfortable.
FAQs about Budget Travel in Brighton
1. What is the best time of year to visit Brighton on a budget?
- The best time for budget travel in Brighton is during the shoulder seasons, typically in early spring (March to April) or late autumn (October to November). During these periods, accommodation prices are generally lower, and the city is less crowded than the peak summer months.
2. Are there affordable dining options in Brighton?
- Yes, Brighton offers a variety of affordable dining options. The city is known for its street food, local cafes, and markets like The Open Market, where you can find reasonably priced meals. The North Laine and The Lanes areas are great for exploring budget-friendly eateries.
3. Can I find budget accommodation in a good location in Brighton?
- Absolutely. Several budget-friendly hotels, guesthouses, and hostels are located near central attractions like the Brighton Pier, The Lanes, and the seafront. Booking in advance and being flexible with travel dates can help secure better rates.
4. What free attractions can I visit in Brighton?
- Brighton has many free attractions, including the Brighton Beach and Palace Pier, The Lanes, and the Royal Pavilion Gardens. You can enjoy street performances and explore the city’s vibrant street art in areas like North Laine.
5. Is public transportation in Brighton budget-friendly?
- Yes, public transportation in Brighton is relatively affordable. The city has an extensive bus network, and purchasing a day pass can be cost-effective if you travel a lot in one day. Walking is also a viable option, as many attractions are nearby.
6. Are there any discounts available for tourists in Brighton?
- Tourists can take advantage of discounts offered by the Brighton & Hove Bus Company or purchase the Brighton Explorer Pass for discounted entry to multiple attractions. Also, check for any available online vouchers or deals for local attractions and restaurants.
7. Is Brighton a good destination for budget travellers with families?
- Brighton is family-friendly and offers many affordable activities for children, like visiting Brighton Beach, playgrounds, and parks. Many family-friendly restaurants and accommodations provide special deals for children.
8. How can I save money on shopping in Brighton?
- To save money, shop at local markets like The Open Market or North Laine for unique and reasonably priced items. Avoiding tourist-heavy areas for shopping can also help find better deals.
9. Can I enjoy Brighton’s nightlife on a budget?
- Yes, there are many budget-friendly options to enjoy Brighton’s nightlife. Look for pubs and bars with happy hour specials, or attend free live music events commonly held in various venues around the city.
10. Are there budget-friendly day trips from Brighton?
- There are several affordable day trips from Brighton. You can visit places like the Seven Sisters Country Park, Lewes, or the South Downs National Park using public transport for a budget-friendly escape from the city.
Overview of Brighton’s local attractions near these hotels
Brighton, a vibrant and eclectic seaside city, has many attractions catering to various interests. Many of the budget hotels in Brighton are conveniently located near these attractions, making them easily accessible for travellers. Here’s an overview of some vital local attractions near the budget hotels in Brighton:
- Brighton Pier: A quintessential British seaside experience, the Brighton Pier offers amusement rides, arcade games, and traditional seaside snacks. It’s an excellent spot for families and is within walking distance from many seafront hotels like The Old Ship Hotel and Queens Hotel.
- The Royal Pavilion: An exotic palace in the centre of Brighton with a history of over 200 years, it is known for its unique architecture and beautiful interior. It’s close to central Brighton hotels like Selina Brighton.
- Brighton Beach and Promenade: Famous for its pebble beach and lively promenade lined with cafes and artists’ studios, Brighton Beach is a must-visit. Hotels like the Kings Hotel and Best Western Princes Marine Hotel offer easy access to this area.
- The Lanes and North Laine: Known for their narrow alleyways, these areas are filled with quirky shops, antique stores, and independent cafes. They are a shopper’s paradise and are easily accessible from central hotels.
- British Airways i360 Viewing Tower: This modern landmark near hotels on the seafront offers spectacular views of the city and the coast. It’s a perfect spot for sunset views.
- Brighton Museum & Art Gallery: Located near the Royal Pavilion, this museum offers diverse exhibits, from local history to world art. Hotels in the city centre are a short walk or bus ride away.
- Brighton Marina: A modern development offering shopping, dining, and entertainment options, including a cinema. Hotels like Malmaison Brighton are situated in or near this area.
- Sea Life Brighton: The world’s oldest operating aquarium offers an educational and fun experience, ideal for families and easily accessible from the seafront hotels.
- Devil’s Dyke: For nature lovers, a short bus ride from the city centre will take you to this stunning natural valley offering panoramic views of the South Downs.
- Hove Lagoon and Park: A bit further from the city centre, this area offers water sports and peaceful green space, ideal for relaxation and family outings.
Each of these attractions adds a unique flavour to Brighton’s character, and their proximity to budget hotels makes them highly accessible for visitors, enhancing the overall experience of a stay in Brighton.
Brighton, with its unique blend of seaside charm and urban vibrancy, is a destination that caters to a broad spectrum of travellers. The city’s array of affordable hotels enhances this appeal, making it an accessible destination for those travelling on a budget.
The benefits of choosing affordable hotels in Brighton are manifold. Firstly, these hotels provide an economical solution without sacrificing comfort or convenience. Many budget hotels in Brighton offer excellent amenities, comfortable accommodations, and superb locations close to major attractions like the Brighton Pier, Royal Pavilion, and the vibrant lanes filled with shops and eateries. This proximity allows travellers to immerse themselves fully in the Brighton experience without the burden of high accommodation costs.
Furthermore, budget hotels often present additional value through special deals, packages, and inclusive services such as free Wi-Fi, breakfast options, and sometimes even free parking – a notable perk in a bustling city like Brighton. These cost-effective options enable travellers to spend more of their budget exploring and enjoying the city’s rich cultural offerings, diverse culinary scene, and lively entertainment.
Travelling in Brighton on a budget does not mean compromising on experience. The city’s vast array of free or low-cost attractions, from its iconic beachfront and historical sites to its public parks and street art, ensures a rich and fulfilling visit. Additionally, the availability of affordable dining options, coupled with a comprehensive public transportation network, further eases the challenges of budget travel.
In conclusion, Brighton stands out as a destination where affordability meets quality, offering a travel experience that is both enriching and accessible. Brighton’s budget hotels provide a comfortable base to explore this dynamic and charming coastal city, whether you’re a solo adventurer, a family on vacation, or a business traveller.